Thursday, March 24, 2011

Letter 32 - 11/22/10

I´m glad you liked the stuff. I really tried hard to get something good for everyone. I think I’m gonna buy a scarf before I leave for me too. Son vacán! Thank you SO much for sending me that package. I´m so stoked. I´m gonna ask if I can take some time that day to be able to cook it and have a little bit of a Thanksgiving dinner. I just want a little something to make me think I´m with you guys.

BEST LEMONADE EVER!!! You really have no idea how good this stuff was. There´s this lemon that doesn´t export of out to the US because it doesn´t last that long. So you´d only find it around here. This stuff was all the things that one could possibly fantasize (spelling?). A lot of lemonades are pulpy or grainy from the sugar. Not this one. wow. pure. smooth. refreshing. sweet. slightly sour. Heaven! The family that made the lemonade, the Castro familia, is a family that we found that sells food. They´re such an awesome family. They accepted a baptismal date on the first lesson. They´re really humble people who really recognized the truth in our message. I´m really excited to see them progress.

This week was better. The numbers weren´t great, but I feel like we´re on a road to get better. We have plans to completely revamp the relationship between the ward and the missionaries. It´s been a really rough week to find new investigators, but I think things will be better as we work out this plan. I really have hopes to get the members in a missionary mindset, or at least think about people that we could teach.

So two cool things this week: One night we passed by the Vera family to teach their recent convert lessons. We were waiting outside for the husband, Douglas, just talking. Monica told me that one day there was a bunch of noise and she couldn´t calm down or catch a breath. She started reading the Book of Mormon and finished with a prayer. Afterwards felt an extreme peace. So much so that she fell asleep. She asked me what it was, and I replied as content as could be that it was 100% the Spirit. I then explained that now as a confirmed member of the Church she has the right to have that companionship forever and that she can always have those feelings, in accordance to her obedience. I was so happy when she told me about that. Looking back it feels like an Ammon experience. Such a blessing to be able to be the messenger that brought them this message of true happiness.

Ultimately, I´ve been working a lot on a project I have to collect scriptures following themes and mark them in my Book of Mormon. I´m almost done. It´s such an awesome experience. Lately I´ve been focused on our purpose and time here on earth and the Atonement of Christ as part of the Plan of Salvation. It´s so incredible how clear things are in the Book of Mormon. I feel like I´ve learned so much. Well, it´s things I already knew, but I feel like my testimony has been greatly fortified. I have such a love for studying this way. Instead of thinking of the Plan, and my testimony thereof in its stages, I look at it more fully and I feel like my understanding is much more complete. I truly view this plan completely as a manifestation of the great and incomprehensible love that our Father in Heaven has for us. I know that Christ is our Savior and that a full and true happiness comes from repentance and obedience. I know that God is our Father and loves us intensely. I know that this is the Restored Church of Christ that He placed on the earth to bless us. I pray that we all recognized these great blessings and our Savior in this celebration of Thanks. I love you all very much. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :)


Elder Vuinovic

No comments:

Post a Comment